EFWM could not do its work without the support of the Episcopal Churches in North Carolina. We depend on you to keep our doors open, provide direct services, offer programs, and to have a successful Farmworker Festival!
Each fall, we host the festival to celebrate the contributions of farmworkers and their families to our community and our country. This special event provides farmworkers with a space to celebrate their culture with music, traditional cuisine, and sports. They also have access to information about the services and resources available to them.
Here are some ways in which YOU can get involved:
1. Do you own a business? Do you know a business owner?
Community sponsors are one of the primary sources of funding for the Farmworker Festival and will help ensure its success. We need all hands on deck to make sure that we get all the funding that is necessary to cover the festival’s expenses.
You can help us by:
- Talking to your friends and family about the work of the ministry and inviting them to become sponsors. Contact us so that we can provide you with a letter of request for sponsorship.
- If you own a business, learn more about how to become a sponsor.
2. Do you love playing soccer and social justice? Do you know someone who does?
We are organizing two soccer-game fundraisers between players from Episcopal Churches and other supporters, and players from the farmworker and immigrant community. Our hope is that we can provide a space where members of both communities can interact and have fun, while raising much needed funds to support our work.
We need a team of 14 men and a team of 14 women to make this work, so we are counting on you to help us recruit players!
We are asking each player from the Supporters Team to raise $250 dollars before the game.
If you are interested, learn more about this fundraiser.
3. Do you want to volunteer?
Your involvement with the Farmworker Festival is an opportunity for you to learn more about EFWM’s work; come experience the vibrant festival atmosphere, and join a host of other volunteers, non-profits, and members of the local immigrant community in celebrating farmworkers and their labor!
We will need at least 100 volunteers to ensure that the event is successful. This means that we need your help!
Here is what you can do:
- Organize a small group of friends, relatives, or people from your congregation to volunteer at the festival.
- Sign up to become a volunteer!
4. Spread the word!
Help us spread the word by telling your friends and family about EFWM and about the Farmworker Festival!
- Download this flyer and distribute it at church
- Download this flyer and invite others to attend the festival (English and Spanish)
- Make a social media post connecting your social media friends with our website!
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (919) 805-1607