COVID-19 Response Program Coordinator – Job Description
For Immediate Hire
Episcopal Farmworker Ministry
Episcopal Farmworker Ministry (EFWM) is seeking a temporary full-time COVID-19 Response Program Coordinator to lead our pandemic-related community education and direct services program for the next six months (February to July 2020). Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the COVID-19 Response Program Coordinator will work with established community leaders to share accurate information about COVID-19 and vaccinations. The ideal candidate will be fully bilingual in English and Spanish, culturally responsive to the needs of the community, an experienced public speaker, a creative and proactive problem solver, and a person with proven experience developing leadership in others.
About Episcopal Farmworker Ministry:
Episcopal Farmworker Ministry responds to the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of migrant and seasonal farmworkers and their families, and actively supports opportunities for them to become self-directive. We seek to minister to farmworkers in three principal ways: through direct services; through development and support of programs that work towards the empowerment of farmworkers; and by encouraging leadership development, advocacy, and education aimed toward a systemic change in agricultural policy at local and state levels.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Community Education: Develop printed and electronic materials to inform the community about COVID-19 and the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Leadership Development: Train, supervise, and mentor community leaders.
- Coalitions/Partnerships: Represent EFWM at coalition and partner meetings.
- Outreach: Conduct outreach in a safe and respectful way, abiding social distancing and protection protocols.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups.
- Experience in community outreach, particularly working with Latinx immigrants and people with different levels of formal education.
- Experience with supervision and leadership development. Adult education and/or popular education experience is a plus.
- Computer savvy, ability to learn quickly. Advanced computer skills – internet, email, G Suite, Microsoft Office, and web-design platforms.
- Flexibility in scheduling and availability
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Education, Social Services, Sociology, or related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Must have at least two-year experience working with the immigrant community.
- Status: Full-time temporary position (6 months)
- Location: Dunn, North Carolina
- Work hours: 40 hours weekly
- Access to company vehicle. Cell phone stipend.
- Salary: $20,000 for the six-month period
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please write in the subject line: “COVID-19 Response Program Coordinator”. Members of communities of color, the LGBTQI+ community, immigrant communities, and other historically disenfranchised communities are encouraged to apply. Applications accepted until the position is filled. Learn more about EFWM at www.efwm.org. We look forward to hearing from you!