Remote learning has become the norm for an extensive amount of time. EFWM wants to support students with remote learning by hosting a second computer contest! Our second contest is available to students from 8th to 12th grade.
Prizes: 1 Chromebook per grade level.
- Must be an 8-12 grade student in one of the following counties: Bladen, Cumberland, Duplin, Harnett, Johnston, Lenoir, Sampson, or Wayne.
- Must have at least one immediate family member who works in agriculture.
- Must identify as a person of color*
- Apply Here:
- Must submit an essay on: the influence your parents have had in your life, your experience as a young immigrant, or your experience working in agriculture.
- Your essay should follow this format two pages long, double space, Times New Roman, and 12 pt. font. Your essay can be in Spanish or English.
- Must provide the information for one teacher or staff member who can confirm your grade level and the school you attend
Applications are due on May 1, 2021. We will announce winners on May 20, 2021.
*A person of color, POC, or BIPOC, is a term used to identify people or groups of people whose communities have a long history of racism, oppression, and abuse. This includes African Americans, Native Americans, Asian Americans, multiracial Americans, Latinx Americans, Pacific Islander Americans, Arab Americans, etc. The term emphasizes common experiences of systemic racism.