Disaster Relief Program Coordinator – Job Description
Episcopal Farmworker Ministry
Episcopal Farmworker Ministry (EFWM) is seeking a fulltime Disaster Relief Program Coordinator to lead the implementation of direct services, community education efforts, and advocacy. We believe that the community’s voice should shape our response and determine the trajectory of our programming.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to develop community leaders and possess excellent time management and organizational skills with attention to detail. They will be committed to social justice, able to incorporate the voices of the community across all aspects of the program, and able to adapt to shifting plans and priorities. This position is an opportunity to engage with low-income immigrants who wish to increase the resilience of their community and create positive change.
The Disaster Relief Program Coordinator will report to and work closely with the Executive Director to plan and implement the Disaster Relief Program.
About Episcopal Farmworker Ministry:
Episcopal Farmworker Ministry responds to the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of migrant and seasonal farmworkers and their families, and actively supports opportunities for them to become self-directive. We seek to minister to farmworkers in three principal ways: through direct services; through development and support of programs that work towards the empowerment of farmworkers; and by encouraging leadership development, advocacy, and education aimed toward a systemic change in agricultural policy at local and state levels.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate aid distribution after natural disasters (during both response and recovery phases) in conjunction with EFWM staff and community leaders.
- Facilitate peer-to-peer community education and leadership program with community members affected by disasters.
- Coordinate advocacy efforts based on community needs.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with policy makers, NGOs, and community members.
- Perform administrative tasks as needed.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (verbal and written).
- Experience with Latinx population, preferably community organizing work.
- Basic computer skills – internet, email, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral communication skills, with an ability to interact with diverse groups of stakeholders, including community members, government, staff, and coalition partners.
- Flexibility in scheduling and availability – evenings or weekends may be necessary to accommodate community members’ schedules. This position includes both office and field work.
- Physical ability to load and unload donations.
- Valid NC Driver license.
- This is a 1-year position with the possibility of renewal if funding is available.
- Status: Full-time, Exempt
- Location: Dunn, North Carolina
- Work hours: 40 hours weekly; travel in Eastern NC
- Salary: $40,000. Benefits: Medical and dental insurance (employee only), life insurance, pension plan, paid time off (benefits estimated at $15,000). Access to company cell phones and vehicles for work-related matters.
- Employed by the Episcopal Diocese of East Carolina working for EFWM.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed beginning August 28, 2020. Please write in the subject line: Disaster Relief Program Coordinator. Applications will be received until the position is filled. Members of communities of color, the LGBTQI+ community, immigrant communities, and other historically disenfranchised communities are encouraged to apply. Learn more about EFWM at www.efwm.org. We look forward to hearing from you!